Friday, April 13, 2007

Reaching and Looking

Ellie reached for a toy yesterday and was able to grab it and pull it into her lap. Her very favorite toy right now is a soft little puppy rattle from Carter's. I received it as a shower present, but I'm not positive who gave it to me. Was it you? I would like to tell whoever it was how much she loves it!

Ellie saw Kip (our border collie) for the first time today. You would think that she would have noticed the dogs a long time ago, but I think that they are just too big and move too much for her to focus on. Anyway, she was sitting in her Baby Einstein activity center (thanks Aunt Linda and Uncle Russ!) and Kip sat nearby right at her eye level. She stopped what she was doing and just stared at him. Then she reached out and whacked him on the nose. He absolutely LOVED it! In fact he loved it so much that I had to make him leave the room when Sebastian (our black lab) came over to see what was going on. Kip became jealous that she would whack at Sebastian instead of whacking at him. That is classic Kipling for you!

Well, it is 9:30pm or so and Ellie will surely be up in a few hours so I had better get some sleep while I can. I'll try to post new pictures this weekend.

No comments: