Friday, June 19, 2009

Recovering

It has been two weeks since my surgery and things went very well. I just got back all my biopsy results today and everything was good (no cancer, etc). My doctor did say that my uterus was not in very good shape and it was quite obvious that it was not functioning correctly. Based on what he told me I am glad we had decided not to have any more children after Ellie; I don't know if it would have been possible if we had wanted to, and quite possibly would have led to much disappointment. In the end, it seems as though surgery was the correct decision.

My recovery is going well and I just have a small amount of lingering tenderness. It was so nice to have my mom here to help out during my surgery and for a few days after. Tim's mom, Cheryl, came up and entertained Ellie for me when Tim went back to work. I had a few wonderful friends who brought us meals during the week after Cheryl went home. I've been so thankful for all the help!

Last Friday Tim and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It is amazing to both of us that so much time has passed since we said our "I dos." Tim, Ellie, and I went out to a nice Japanese restaurant near our house to celebrate. Ellie tried sushi for the first time and was determined to use chopsticks instead of the silverware. We had a very nice time spending the evening as a family.

Here are a couple of quick pictures from a hike we took the weekend before my surgery. Ellie hiked the entire one mile loop on her own and just kept saying, "We're hiking in the for-ust (forest) Mommy and Daddy! I love the for-ust so much. It is my favorite." The pictures are in reverse order. As you can see, by the end of the hike we had to pull out the rain gear.







1 comment:

Brig said...

I'm SO glad that you're feeling well. I had no doubt. It's sad to think that it takes so much effort and energy in persuading our doctors to listen to us. You knew long ago that something was wrong, as did I in my situation. Too long do we fight for them to realize that we're right. :) Sis