Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Countdown

Well, I feel like the countdown to surgery day has begun. I spent all day today cleaning the house - I figure it will be a couple of weeks before I feel up to doing that again. Tomorrow morning I go to the doctor for my pre-op appointment. After that, over to the hospital for blood work and other pre-surgery tests. Thursday my mom flies in and Ellie and I make the drive to the airport to pick her up.

Then it is the big day... I have to be at the hospital at 10:30 Friday morning and my surgery is scheduled from noon until 4:00pm. Tim is going to stay home with Ellie and my mom will drive me to the hospital and back. We figured that would be the least disruptive to Ellie's schedule, since the following days are going to be a bit confusing to her.

My mom will stay until Monday, and then Tim's mom has kindly offered to come stay with us for a few days once Tim has gone back to work. I am hopeful that the recovery will only take a week or so. My doctor is using the Da Vinci Robot for the procedure (if you are a Grey's Anatomy fan, this is the robot they show in the season finale) and it is supposed to dramatically reduce recovery time from a standard hysterectomy.

I'm a bit nervous, but overall I am excited to finally be rid of the constant pain (and other things I won't go into detail about!).

I have some great pictures from our recent trip to Idaho and some of a hike Tim, Ellie, and I went on last weekend. I will do my best to get them up before Friday!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Wow! Home the same afternoon. So glad to hear you will get the advantage of improved techniques on this surgery. I'm sure you'll do fine - glad Carol will be with you.

Sure enjoyed seeing you over Memorial Day. The shower for Jordan was great fun and even though cemetaries don't sound that enjoyable - for our family, they kinda are!

Diane