Friday, February 20, 2009

One More Thing

After writing the post below, the phone rang and I spoke with "Dr. R." (Sorry, but I'm not going to use his real name, as he is very prominent in the country, and I still am not ready to give up our location in the "real" world!) He is the leading researcher at a university near us. He gave us a realistic view on Ellie's prognosis (75% chance of a full recovery before age 6) and also agreed to see her. Yay! I was ecstatic that someone was finally ready to give us a full evaluation. Based on the information I gave him on the phone, he agrees that she should probably start therapy ASAP for the best results.

We won't know exactly when her appointment is until Monday, but I am glad to go into the weekend knowing that we'll get some solid answers soon! (Even if we do have to pay out-of-pocket for those answers...)

No comments: