Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Buddies

Ellie has had some wonderful times with friends this week. On Monday we went to a new park with Hailey, Berlin, and Jamison. Ellie enjoyed running around and swinging with Jamison.



What a silly giant frog!!!


Swinging with Jamison.

And then, yesterday, we broke out the sand and water tables. You may remember that I wanted to get Ellie one of these, but there was no way I was going to spend $100, so I decided to build one myself. Not too shabby, if I say so myself. I still need to get the blue/purple paint on it, but other than that it is done. It stood up to the neighbor kids quite well - a true test!

The aftermath. Ellie was covered head to toes (literally, thanks to Jamison :) with sand and water.

Some of the "alley kids."



Ellie and her buddy, Jamison.


I feel so lucky that we live in a neighborhood where Ellie has so many friends. Ellie especially loves when she gets to play with Jamison. We can see his front door and garage from our dining room window. I always know when their garage door goes up or someone walks out of the front door because Ellie starts pounding on the window, clapping, laughing, and saying, "Eeeee, eeeee!"

3 comments:

Hailey Happens said...

We love Ellie! Even though Jamison throws wet sand on her. Can't wait for this summer!

Life::Love said...

the water table is a hit! i especially like the picture of ash in her fancy dress and crocs. haha.

Ellie's Mama said...

Jenn - only Ashlyn can pull that look off! And only Ashlyn would think playing in sand and water while wearing a fancy dress was normal!