Friday, August 3, 2007

Zombie...

That is what I have felt like for the past week and a half. Ellie began teething in earnest and hit a growth spurt all at the same time. The end result is that for about a week she was literally waking up to nurse every single hour. She would either want to nurse for comfort to ease her teething pain; or she would want to nurse because she was hungry and needed to stimulate an increase in my milk production. Whatever the reason, the nights were long and exhausting. I was sleeping 15 minutes at a time between ending one feeding/comforting session and her crying to start another. By the time Tim would get up and take over at 5am I was absolutely beat. I would crash until 8am when Tim left for work. Then Ellie and I would take her morning (and sometimes mid-day) nap together.

The growth spurt seems to be over and we can see white dots where two bottom teeth are trying to poke through. Hopefully they will make their appearance soon!

We're ready to head to the doctor for Ellie's 6 month checkup (and shots...). We'll let you know all her latest stats in the next post.

No comments: