Thursday, December 20, 2007

Why So Long Without A Post?

Because our little cherub wouldn't sleep. I don't mean that she was waking up frequently (though she did that, too) I mean that she wouldn't sleep. Tim and I spent several nights, and many hours, this week with a wailing baby in our arms - rocking, bouncing, walking, anything we could think of to get Ellieroo to sleep, to no avail. She also was skipping her naps. It was a perpetual cycle of no sleep. In his book, Dr. Weissbluth says, "Sleep begets sleep" and it is quite true. The worse she slept during the day, the worse she slept at night; the worse she slept at night, well you get the picture.

But, I am posting today. We had a breakthrough of sorts. Ellie slept better last night than she has in her entire 10 1/2 months! She slept from 7pm until 2am and then she just needed a pacifier (no getting out of the crib, and more importantly, no nursing back to sleep!). She did get up at 5:30 this morning, but I will take what I can get! Right now Ellie is blissfully napping.

What a difference a good night's sleep can make!

The promised pictures will be posted (today I hope) so check back!

No comments: